EFFECTIVE DATE: November 11, 2016
What Independent Community Living does with personal contact information collected
Independent Community Living may request from you, or you may volunteer to provide, your contact information, including your name, mailing address, phone number(s), social media handles and email address(es). Independent Community Living may, by way of example, use your contact information to:
- Send you additional information about Independent Community Living and its programs or events.
- Process a donation or payment and provide you with a receipt or acknowledgment.
- Clarify or obtain information about a donation or about information you requested.
- Enroll you in programs, events or activities in which you elect to participate.
- Manage your account and provide you with customer service.
- Offer sweepstakes, contests, giveaways or other promotions.
- Enforce the Website terms of service.
- Perform other functions as described at the time Independent Community Living collects information.
Commitment to data security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Independent Community Living
233 E. Larkin St.
Midland, Mich. 48640
In your correspondence, please describe your concern or complaint in as much detail as possible. We will investigate and respond to you promptly.
Credit card and billing information
In addition to your contact information, when you make a donation or purchase, Independent Community Living asks for your billing address and credit card or other financial services information. Independent Community Living uses a third-party banking agent to process your payments via a secured server that encrypts your credit card/bank information. Independent Community Living and our banking agent will not share your credit card/bank information with any other third party, nor will we retain your credit card/bank information longer than necessary.
Links to other sites
This Website may contain links to other sites that may collect your personal contact information. Independent Community Living is not responsible for privacy practices and policies or content of these other sites.
It is Independent Community Living’s policy not to solicit knowingly any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. Children under 13 are not authorized to make a donation or purchase, sign up for an event or program, or otherwise provide any personally identifiable information without consent from a parent or legal guardian.
[Updated November 2016]
LEGAL/TERMS OF SERVICE
- Use of Site. By entering the website, you confirm that you are of sufficient legal age to create binding financial and legal obligations arising from use of the website. By entering any information on the website, you represent and warrant that: (i) you are using your actual identity; (ii) you have provided only true, accurate, current and complete information; and (iii) you will maintain and promptly update the information that you provide to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You may only use this website to browse the content, make inquiries to Independent Community Living, submit applications for employment and/or make financial contributions to Independent Community Living and not for any other purposes. You are prohibited from posting to or transmitting from this website any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. You agree that you will not use any device, software or other instrumentality to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website, and that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. In addition, you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages.
- Proprietary Rights. You acknowledge that the website contains information, software, logos, photographs, video, graphics, audio or other material (the “Content”) that are protected by valid and protected copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other proprietary rights. You also acknowledge that the Content is solely Independent Community Living’s property. You agree to comply with all copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. You may not modify, transmit, sell or transfer any of the Content. You may not reprint, republish, resell, or redistribute the Content, but you may print copies of the Content only if these copies are made only for your personal, non-commercial use and that you maintain any notices contained in the Content, such as all copyright notices, trademark legends, or other proprietary rights notices. You shall be liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights or other proprietary rights. You acknowledge that you have no license or any other proprietary rights to the Content, the trademarks, or any other intellectual property of Independent Community Living. Any communication or material you transmit to the website or to Independent Community Living, whether by electronic mail or otherwise, for any reason, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Independent Community Living may use anything that you transmit or post to the website or to Independent Community Living in any manner without credit or compensation.
- Links to Third Party Websites. Independent Community Living may provide links to websites controlled by third parties. Independent Community Living provides these links as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply Independent Community Living endorsement of those websites or any association or affiliation with those websites or their owners. Independent Community Living is not responsible for and does not endorse the content or services on or use of those websites. Independent Community Living makes no representations and assumes no responsibility of any kind related to those websites or your use of or reliance on the content or services of those websites, including without limitation any errors or omissions or any offensive or otherwise objectionable content contained on those websites. You acknowledge and agree that your use of any website accessed from this website is at your own risk.
- Termination. Independent Community Living may terminate your access to the website, or any part of it, at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, for any reason whatsoever.
- Relationship of Parties. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Independent Community Living as a result of this agreement or your use of the website.