Check out the Midland Daily News’ photo gallery from our September 19, 2018 CPR training.
Participants, Employees and Families:
Independent Community Living is following the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) closely. Our team is meeting daily to ensure that we are staying up to date with all of the changes.
We have established a list of safety precautions to help minimize our risk and the risk of those we support and our employees.
1. We are working with Midland Chemical Company to purchase hand sanitizing stations. We encourage all visitors of our building to use these.
2. We have been working with Midland Paper Company to secure an order of disinfecting wipes. These should be arriving next week.
3. We have been stocking up on cleaning supplies, gloves and soap. We will be offering extras to employees and participants. We want to be sure that everyone has access.
4. We are educating our employees and participants to not be wasteful. Use items sparingly.
5. Our office has implemented a cleaning/sanitizing regimen twice daily. We will be sanitizing doorknobs, railings, light switches, phones and all hard surfaces. We have created a calendar and check off to document the completion.
6. We will utilize the phone as much as possible for our one on one meetings.
7. All routine medical appointments are being cancelled.
8. All extra-curricular activities are being cancelled.
9. All staff meetings will be cancelled through the end of April.
10. We are adding reminder signs about washing hands.
11. We are attending webinars and gathering information from CMHCM to disperse to employees and participants.
We will be offering support and information to our employees during this time. We are open to any assistance, ideas or donations from the community.
We have enclosed information in this letter to educate.
As always, thank you to our employees for never backing down. We are fortunate to work with such a great group of individuals. We appreciate all of the support from families. Mostly, we are grateful for the trust from the participants we support.
The Midland Noon Rotary Club presented a $2,513.40 grant to Independent Community Living in June of 2019.
This will help to provide hands-on training to our staff. Our CPR classes alone have proven beneficial in
saving the lives of the people we support!
Thank You Midland Rotarians!
Independent Community Living would like to extend gratitude to the Midland Kiwanis Foundation for their generous monetary donation. Our agency provides supports to individuals with disabilities using self-determination to tailor their life according to their personal vision.
The donation was used to purchase 35 First Aid Kits that will be placed in homes of the individuals we support. The kits are replaced annually and the Kiwanis’ generosity helps alleviate the financial burden our participants would have to purchase first aid supplies.
This donation impacts the safety of our participants and staff and we truly appreciate the Midland Kiwanis Foundation and thank them for their support!
The Independent Community Living Safety Committee
Middle schoolers can learn life skills to prepare them for baby sitting, staying home alone or watching younger siblings through Independent Community Living.
Read more at the Midland Daily News.